Thank you for choosing Posidonia Masterclass in Shipping. We are committed to providing you with the best educational experience possible. However, we understand that circumstances may arise where you need to cancel your subscription and request a refund. Please read our cancellation policy carefully before making a purchase on our website.
1. General Refund Policy
1.1. Course Enrollment Cancellation: Posidonia Masterclass offers a full refund for all course enrollment fees in the case of same-day cancellation and less than 30% completion of the course. After this period, no refunds will be issued.
1.2. Digital Products: Refunds for digital products are generally not available. However, if you encounter technical issues preventing access to or streaming the Masterclass videos, please contact our support team for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Refund Process
2.1. To initiate a refund request, please contact our customer support team at email@example.com. You must provide the following information:
- Your full name
- Email address associated with your account
- Date of purchase
- Reason for the refund request
2.2. Once your refund request is received, our team will review it within three (3) business days. We may request additional information to process your request.
2.3. If your refund request is approved, the refund will be processed using the same payment method used for the original purchase. Please allow 7-10 business days for the refund to appear in your account.
3. Late Refund Requests
Refund requests made after the specified refund period (as mentioned in section 1.1) will not be honoured. If technical problems did not allow access to the Masterclass, please contact us, and we will review your request.
4. Contact Information
If you have any questions or concerns about our refund policy, please contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Changes to the Refund Policy
Posidonia Masterclass in Shipping reserves the right to update or modify this refund policy at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting on our website.
By making a purchase on www.posidoniamasterclass.com, you agree to and accept the terms of this cancellation policy.
Thank you for choosing Posidonia Masterclass for your educational needs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. The use of the website https://www.posidoniamasterclass.com/ (henceforth “the website”) is subject to the terms and conditions that are mentioned below. The use of the website implies that the user/visitor has studied, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of use in their entirety. If the visitor/user does not agree with the present terms and conditions, then he/she should not use the website’s content and services.
2. Posidonia Exhibitions SA (henceforth “Posidonia”) maintains the right to revise, modify and update some or all of the present terms and conditions at any time and without notice. The continuation of the use of the website by the visitor/user after such changes, modifications, etc., amounts to acceptance on his/her art.
3. Intellectual Property Rights: The content of the website in its entirety, that is, for example: the texts, images, photographic material, videos, logos, etc. (henceforth “the content”), apart from the exceptions mentioned explicitly (e.g. intellectual property rights of third parties), is an intellectual property of Posidonia and is protected by the relevant legislation in force. Products or services of third parties, which may appear on the electronic pages of the website, are these parties’ intellectual and industrial property, and Posidonia does not bear any responsibility with regard to them. It is prohibited to reproduce or distribute any materials from the website for commercial purposes without the explicit written approval of Posidonia.
Safeguarding the integrity of the information entrusted to our care is of the utmost importance to Posidonia, and it is for this reason that Posidonia has taken a series of organizational and technical measures to make sure that all of your data is secure.
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website, as well as our practices for collecting, using, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Policy outlines our principles and practices regarding your personal data and how we process it.
5. Principles of Processing: Posidonia processes personal data in accordance with the following principles and in compliance with the requirements of the GDPR:
Lawfulness, Fairness, Transparency: Personal data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
Purpose Limitation: Personal data is collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
Data Minimization: Processing relates to data that is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
Accuracy: Personal data is accurate. Every reasonable step is taken to ensure that any personal data that are inaccurate are rectified without delay.
Storage Limitation: Personal data is held for no longer than is necessary for the purposes and scope of processing. However, in some cases, Posidonia may hold the personal data for longer periods in order to comply with its legal obligations.
Confidentiality and Integrity: Personal data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unauthorized and unlawful processing, access, loss etc.
Accountability: Posidonia complies with transparent data protection processing and adheres to its legal obligations in relation to data protection and privacy
6. Protection of Personal Data: The management and protection of the visitor/user’s personal data are subject to the present terms as well as to the relevant legislation in force.
- Posidonia collects personal data from the website’s visitors/users only when the latter offer them voluntarily for the provision of the website’s services that are available electronically. The personal data collected from the website are especially the following: first and last name, position, company/organisation, address, telephone and fax number, email address, website.
- Posidonia commits to refraining from transferring, publicizing or making in any other way available without approval the visitors/users’ personal data to unrelated third parties, unless obliged to do so by law and only to the competent authorities.
- Posidonia can process a part or the whole of the data sent by visitors/users for statistical purposes and for improving the services and information offered by the website.
7. Data Collection: We collect several types of data from and about the users of our Website and others, including:
- Contact details such as your name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“personal information”).
- Banking card details in order to fulfil your order. We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of our contracted third-party service providers.
- Information to assist us in detecting, preventing, and/or remediating fraud or any other harmful actions, we will verify the personal information you provide (including, but not limited to your name, address, details of user funding instruments, and details of payment transactions) with the relevant payment processors and/or credit reference and fraud agencies.
- History and details of your orders placed via our Website, in direct contact with us and through our sales agents.
- Details of when we contact you and when you contact us. We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us, so we can track any problems or concerns you have had with any of the retailer’s products or stores operated through the sites.
- Your email when you subscribe to our newsletters.
We collect this data:
- When you navigate through our Website.
- When you provide it to us.
- From our affiliates.
8. Use of Information: We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information in order to:
- Present our Website and its contents to you.
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- Offer and carry out our core business purposes which include:
- organising the international shipping exhibition Posidonia and the Posidonia Games sporting events,
- organising the Posidonia Sea Tourism Forum,
- promoting and selling products and services for the above-mentioned events
- promoting and delivering the Posidonia Masterclass in Shipping course
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website
- Process and manage your order so we can complete the sale between you and us and fulfil your order.
- Verify your identity and your payment method or credit card account for the detection, prevention, and/or remediation of fraud, terrorism or any other harmful or criminal actions.
- Carry out research and customer surveys where we have your consent.
- Deal with and resolve any customer service and dispute resolution.
- For any other purpose where we have your consent.
- If you have agreed to participate in one of our events as a sponsor, exhibitor or visitor, personal information is used in connection with the organisation of the event, to handle payments, or for other purposes, as is necessary for performing the contract entered into. We use your personal information to maintain our databases, assess your qualities as a sponsor or exhibitor, promote events and encourage further engagement at our events, as part of the legitimate interests we have as a commercial organization.
- At our events we sometimes take photos and videos, which may feature visitor, speakers, sponsors or exhibitors. Where photos and videos are taken that feature you as a visitor, speaker, sponsor or exhibitor, we may use those photos and videos for promotional purposes.
- We will use your personal information to send you newsletters, offers or other marketing e-mails to keep you up to date with our news, events and products and services that may be of interest.
9. Disclosure of Information: As part of our compliance with the principle of transparency and in order to be able to provide you with our services effectively, we may need to pass on your personal data to certain third parties.
Specifically, we may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide to:
- Contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Logistics and other shipping and delivery service providers.
- Payment processing and technology services.
- A regulatory or government authority where required by law.
- Where required to do so, to payment processors, auditors, customer service providers, fraud agencies, credit reference agencies, financial product providers, credit card associations, commercial partners, public authorities, etc.
In all other instances, personal data collected and processed by Posidonia is not disclosed in any way to third parties unless such disclosure is expressly required by law.
10. Your personal data rights:
Right of Access: You have the right to obtain from Posidonia a confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and a receipt of a copy.
Right to Rectification: You have the right to obtain from Posidonia the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
Right to Erasure: You have the right to obtain from Posidonia the erasure of personal data concerning you. Posidonia will proceed to delete your personal data, where at least one of the following grounds applies:
- The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected.
- You have withdrawn your consent on which the processing is based.
- You object to the processing, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for continuing such processing.
- The personal data have to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to obtain from Posidonia the restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- The accuracy of the data is contested.
- The processing is unlawful, and you oppose the erasure of the personal data.
- Posidonia no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing.
Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you and which you have provided to Posidonia, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format where at least one of the following applies:
- The processing is based on consent.
- The processing is based on a contract.
Right to Lodge a Complaint: Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, the data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint to the Hellenic Data Protection Agency (www.dpa.gr) if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes his rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us GDPR@posidonia-events.com.
If you make a request and are not satisfied with our response, or believe that we are illegally processing your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
11. Data Retention and Destruction: Posidonia will keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary in order to carry out the scope of the data processing. However, there may be times that we are required to store your personal data for longer periods in order to comply with a legal obligation.
Retaining personal data for a period longer than is actually necessary, contravenes the principles of data minimization and proportionality and therefore once the data processing is complete, or the time period set by Law has passed, we will proceed to delete your personal data.
12. Disclaimer of Posidonia: The content of the website is available to visitors/users as it stands and for personal use only. Posidonia does not offer any explicit or implicit guarantee with regard to the accuracy, lawfulness or appropriateness of this content for any use, application or aim.
Posidonia is under no circumstance –including the case of negligence– responsible for any damage suffered by the visitor/user of the webpages, services, data, links and other contents of the website. Also, Posidonia does not guarantee that the webpages, services, selections and contents in general shall be offered non- stop, without faults and that any faults shall be corrected.
13. Newsletters, marketing emails, brochures: The opportunity to opt out of future marketing e-mails will be provided on every marketing email and we will provide information on how to opt out when your personal information is collected. You have the right to amend your marketing preferences at any time. Subscription to Posidonia’s newsletters is optional. The visitor/user who wishes to stop receiving newsletters and/or marketing material may send an email to that effect at any time to the following address email@example.com or to write us at: Posidonia Exhibitions SA, 4-6 Efplias Street, 18537 Piraeus, Greece.
14. Posidonia is not obliged to answer any request of any kind that may be sent through the website and the email addresses, unless obliged to do so pursuant to mandatory legal provisions or to the present terms and conditions.
15. Applicable law and Jurisdiction: The above terms and conditions concerning the use of the website as well as any modification or change thereof are interpreted in accordance with the relevant legislation in force. If any of the above terms or provisions contradicts the existing legislation, then this particular term or provision shall be considered invalid and non-applicable without in any way affecting the validity or force of the other terms and provisions. The visitors/users of the website accept without reservations that any disputes that may arise from the use of the website and the application of the present terms and conditions are exclusively governed by Greek law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Piraeus.
16. The visitor/user who navigates the website solemnly declares that he/she has the legal capacity to conclude the present agreement.
For any information with regard to the terms and conditions of the website’s use, please contact the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.